Monday, March 13, 2017

Pokémon Emerald Nuzlocke - 1

I've been having trouble actually finishing games all the way through recently, and I thought this would motivate me to finish something for once.

The basic idea behind the Nuzlocke Challenge is to make vanilla Pokémon games more challenging.

The base rules for the challenge are that you only catch the first Pokémon you see on each route, and if your Pokémon faints, it's considered dead and can't be used anymore.

I've found them to be really addicting once you  get started; it's hard for me to play the games normally anymore.

I'll be logging screenshots of my run until I become the Champion, or run out of Pokémon to use.

Okay, here we go! Hello, world!

Girl, of course; name: Erin

I was in the moving truck. How'd you get here, then?
Ah well, you said the professor was my dad's friend? Time to meet the neighbors.

Your new neighbor, of course! It's not anyone new shows up here otherwise.
Well, the professor isn't here, better go look somewhere else.

Hm, that sounds promising. Better head that way!

 We just met and I'm already having to save you?
Well, okay! If you say so!

I'm looking for a bit of a challenge...
I choose Treecko!

Yeah! One last pound, and finish it off!

No problem, Professor! To the lab!
This Treecko as my reward? Cool!

Rex! A good name for a lizard-gecko-thing.

Sure, Professor! Not like I have anything better to do right now.

🎵Heading through the grass~ Heading through the grass~🎵

And through Oldale Town.
Not much to see here, but I scored a free potion!

We'll see about that.
Go, Rex!

Yay, we won!
I'd call it a good battle, but all we did was trade pounds and scratches...

Oh, cool! More free stuff!
A Pokédex and Pokéballs to go with my Treecko? Nice!

Lookout, world! Here we come!

I'll save and take a break here for now, and continue on in my next update.

2 comments:

  1. Treeko huh? Indeed a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually choose Mudkip, so this is a big change for me.

      Delete