Monday, February 13, 2017

Thoughts on the Mori no Tamagotchi

This Tamagotchi is pretty easy to take care of, even if you don't have a lot of time.

The characters are very cute, all being based on little bugs. Having two eggs to choose between and helping the second to grow as big as possible rather than taking the more traditional Tamagotchi growth route is a pretty interesting concept.

The cocoon stage and having the temperature you keep it at affecting the character you get was fun to play around with.

I liked having different choices of foods to feed it, and having to try and fatten it up instead of trying to keep its weight low to get better characters was a nice change of pace.

These changes kind of helped to make it easier, but... while I wouldn't exactly call it 'boring' in comparison to other vintage models, it's definitely not as exciting. It doesn't change between stages very quickly, and the screensaver- while cute- means the animations you see are also more limited.

You don't need to discipline this version, and it only rarely gets attacked during the day.

For my bug-related Tamagotchi needs, I'll more likely end up running my Mothra no Tamagotchi. It's a version I'm glad to have in my collection, and one I'll run when I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands, but probably not a whole lot outside of that.

Further Reading:
Mori no Tamagotchi Growth Chart
Mori no Tamagotchi Overview

No comments:

Post a Comment